Entry Level Positions
Get your foot in the door!
They Protect Our Freedom, We Protect Them. Not just a job, a purpose!:
- Competitive salary, paid leave, health insurance, retirement plans/pensions, travel opportunities, working with the latest and greatest technology, and more! You can have it all. ATEC is consistently looking for new talent and would like you to join our team! If you are just getting your foot in the door, explore the programs below and visit our recruitment events page and job board.
Programs for Student Interns:
- Overview - students are individuals currently enrolled in a qualifying educational institution pursuing an associate's, bachelor's, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree with a 2.5 or higher GPA on a 4.0 scale
- DoD Smart Scholar Program - program provides full tuition, annual stipends, 10-week summer internships, and guaranteed employment with ATEC upon degree completion and satisfactory performance for a variety of STEM fields. Participating organizations include AEC, ATC, EPG, RTC, and WSMR. Learn more (SMART Flyer and SMART Brochure)
- ⭐The 2022 application window will open on 1 August 2022 please read to learn more at https://www.smartscholarship.org/smart
- DoD College Acquisition Internship Program - program involves a paid, 10-week summer internship to provide students with real-world exposure to Department of Defense career opportunities in both administrative and STEM fields. Participating organizations include ATC, RTC and WSMR. Learn more (DCAIP Homepage)
- ⭐The next application period for the Summer of 2023 will be September 14 - October 12, 2022; learn more at https://www.hci.mil/dodcareers/internship.html
- Army Student Intern Program (SIP) - designed to expose current students to the Army Civilian Corps and potential career opportunities, with emphasis on STEM and mission critical occupations. A paid work experience for students currently enrolled in college (undergraduate through graduate school). The program is intended to serve as a key pipeline for the Army Fellows Program, and it supports the Army People Strategy and the associated Civilian Implementation Plan, including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) priorities. To learn more, visit here.
Programs for Recent Graduates:
- Overview: recent graduates are individuals who obtained a qualifying associates, bachelors, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution and earned a 2.5 or higher GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Army Fellows Program (AFP) - program that ensures development of Civilians through a blend of progressive and sequential work assignments, formal training, and self-development. Individuals in this program will be able to progress from entry level to key positions. To learn more visit here.
Presidential Management Fellows:
- Overview: The PMF Program is a great leadership training ground. You'll perform valuable service to the American people while jump-starting your career, whatever you envision that to be. You'll get full salary and benefits as well as challenging assignments, training, mentoring, plus an opportunity to make government work better. Find out more.
- ⭐The PMF Class of 2023 Application is tentatively scheduled for the Fall of 2022. Once available, the Job Opportunity Announcement will be posted to USAJOBS.gov. Please monitor this page for updates.
- Hands on experience
- Non-competitive promotional opportunities
- Time worked as a student counts towards retirement and annual leave
Recent Graduate Spotlights
We recently asked a few of our recent graduates to share any personal quotes or thoughts and insights about their experiences as a new ATEC employee.
Jessica, Operations Research Systems Analyst
U.S. Army Operational Test Command
"Be a helping hand to those coming behind you, not an obstacle."
I wanted to work for ATEC so I could make a difference alongside the service members of my family. I have always been intrigued with how far various Army systems have developed over the years; I am so fortunate to be a part of the process now. My position here at ATEC has opened my eyes to a lot of things
that take place behind the scenes to get a project from development stages to boots on the ground. Being able to see a system develop from start to
finish is a very rewarding experience.
Rolando, Operations Research Systems Analyst
U.S. Army Operational Test Command
I am currently a one-year intern with ATEC and enjoy every minute. From my initial interview, I could see that ATEC's values and work ethics aligned with mine. The best part of this developmental position is the amount of investment that has been put into my educational growth.
Shakayla, Mechanical Engineer
U.S. Army Aberdeen Test Center
"Follow your passion and never give up even when things get tough. Remember you're never alone there is always someone there to lend you a hand when you need it the most."
Frank, General Engineer
U.S. Army Evaluation Center
Working at ATEC has afforded me the opportunity to participate in leadership roles of the testing and evaluation process of multiple programs. I have been able to leverage my engineering education while expanding my knowledge working on real world projects. It is very rewarding to know that my work will help soldiers complete their mission in the field.